Gracie finished off her 1st grade year with an Opera. It was entitled "The Stolen Crowns." She was a princess (thank goodness as that meant that I already had everything for her costume and it would require absolutely no sewing or creativity). Her other costume options were a mermaid or a centaur (so help me). Those centaur mothers are amazing people!!!
Anyway, the Opera had to have scenery. This is what they came up with.
Not bad for 26 first graders. I was the mother in charge of the golden walls. Basically that meant that I was to help several small children paint yellow on anything that wasn't painted when the other children were done with their various assignments. I think they turned out quite ravishing.
I am loving the "secret paseg." That is how the centaurs escaped after stealing the crowns and blaming it on the mermaids. Quite the plot.
I like how each princess is doing her own little thing. Gracie is a master poser and managed to smile at the right moment. The other princesses must have been posing for their various mothers (if the other mothers missed out on catching this shining moment, I am happy to share my photos for a small fortune).
The soldiers and centaurs. Again, there are some amazing mothers out there. If you can sew a horse costume, you should be famous.
No comments:
Post a Comment