The Ogden Marathon has come and gone. A few of our local celebrities completed the half marathon. Here are the celebs that I caught on film...
Mr. Parker Wilson completed is first ever half marathon in under 2 hours. I believe his pace was 8.30/miles. Pretty amazing for a kid that never trains for anything. How do kids do it?
Here we have Troy 1 on the right and Troy 2 on the left (also known as Danny Carver). The original Troy Haun signed up for the race last Fall but had to back out due to his recent knee surgery. He therefore recruited Troy 2 to run in his place. Troy 2 did awesome and made Troy 1 very proud.
I am a proud supporter of all those people out there that like to torture themselves. I, an ex-runner, have now converted to a new sport called Wogging. Basically it means that you jog whenever anyone is around that might know/recognize you (fellow runners, cars passing by). Then, when you are alone, and no one is watching...you "take it down a bit" (code phrase for "walk"). If you aren't able to continue running until the last car is out of sight...well, then you stop altogether and do some pretend stretching (this looks good and saves face. Much better than passing out). Wogging has many pros...no side aches, more time to think about life and its true meaning, less sweat which means there is no need to shower on a regular basis, less wear and tear on shoes, more time to listen to your favorite songs on your i-pod. The list goes on and on. Why would anyone ever go running again? If you are interested in signing up for my Wogging Club, you can simply email or call. Class size IS limited so...call quick!
1 comment:
You are so funny! I didn't know you were an "ex-runner." I have a hard time believing you. I am sure you are an excellent wogger, but I think you are a pretty good runner too!
Post a Comment