We got to go to Moab for our annual half marathon and Zax pizza feast. SO much fun! It was a little cooler this year than we had hoped but ended up being nice enough to do all the fun stuff we like. We started off with a trip into Arches. I like to wear Kati and Troy out before their 13 mile run. I don't want them to be too fast and hurt themselves. This is how the morning looked as we climbed the switchbacks into the park. I thought it looked pretty cool.

Balanced Rock is one of the first things we always see. We like it because you can drive right up to the base. No need to fatigue ourselves before lunch.

I have always LOVED Delicate Arch. In past years I thought my kids were too little to make the hike. This year, we went for it. We took our jogging stroller, strapped Aeva in, and headed up the hill. Maddie and Gracie did great. Aeva loved the stroller ride and I felt that I burned enough calories pushing her that I could eat as much pizza as I wanted. After all, that is one of the main goals of our trip...we must get sick on yummy pizza. During the hike we had wind, snow, sun, and hail. No rain...which meant we stayed dry. Perfect. Well, we would have taken a little more sun and a little less wind but still better than it could have been. We found the top!

I like this picture because it makes us look brave. What family of 5 could stand on such a dangerous cliff without any ropes or nets? We hate to boast but...we must take credit where credit is due.


On the way back to the car we walked past the Indian writings on the wall. I am pretty fascinated by that kind of stuff. I would have loved to be there when this was done. I think the Indian culture is amazing. Makes me sad to think that much of the culture and people that created this have been destroyed.




This is Double Arch. An amazing arch that isn't far from the road. Gracie and Aeva were worn out so poor Troy had to sacrifice and stay in the warm car with all of the yummy food. Kati, Maddie and I headed out for a closer look. It was extraordinary!


We are pretty lucky to have an aunt, sister, and sister-in-law that likes us. My girls would be lost without her. Thanks aunt Kati for always being willing to hang out with us.

Maddie is really good at finding cute spots to sit her body down and get a picture. I like this girl.

I took this picture as we were driving out of the park. The sun had come out...we live in an amazing place!
Makes me remember how blessed I am.

The next day the girls and I slept in while Troy and Kati froze themselves at the start line. Another cold, cold day. I was so....so sad that I couldn't be standing in the freezing cold with them. Started out at 40 degrees or so. Not the 70 degrees I was hoping for. I sacrificed by staying in the warm hotel, eating Belgian waffles and making lunches. When the sun was up we headed to the park to play while we waited for our famous runners to make it to the finish line.





Here they come! Maddie and Gracie ran with them for the last 200 yards or so to the finish line.
They LOVE getting all the treats. Playing at the park and cheering is hard work for them. A little Gatorade and bananas is definitely in order.

I have convinced myself that Troy was following this group of 4 girls because he is humble and didn't want his picture taken. I am sure their long legs and tight pants had NOTHING to do with it. He is a happily married man....just ask me...I mean him. Ask him.

Troy and Kati's cousin Mark (left) also ran the half marathon. Apparently Troy and Kati couldn't catch him. Must be something in their genes. They all run faster than me.

Good work Kati! One day I will be inspired enough to join you. For now, I must play in the park, eat your treats, and cheer as loud as I can. Those are the things I do best.


I like this guy. I am amazed at his ability to run so well when he has such limited time to train and still be with his family. He makes me proud. His girls tend to like him too. Nothing better in the entire world than a good daddy.

That afternoon we drove up and down Wall Street. We like to watch the people climb up and down the rocks. I think Kati is daydreaming about someone...who could it be? D_ _ _ Y? I hear he is SO cute! We missed him too.

Finally I couldn't stand it any more and I got my ropes and climbing shoes out. This is my favorite climb of them all. I like to hold on to the tiny cracks and pull my muscular body up the side of the rock. I also like to look down at all of the wimpy people on the ground and mock them. I look forward to this every year. What a great, great place!

I took a picture of these Indian writings while I was climbing. I am amazing.

Goodbye Moab....see you soon.
2 comments:
I love that place. I'm going to take an archeological (sp) trip down there to see some little known and undiscovered things. Do you want to be part of the expedition? I hope so. love the pics
Oooooh I am still mad that we didn't get into Moab this year! I needed something to get me out the door for my speed walking routine. You pictures are great, I love the one with your family and Delicate arch behind you......Way to go TROY and KATI......you are going to me be my inspiration to train for Ogden 1/2. Tiff you need to write a book, your commentary always makes me laugh!!!
Post a Comment