Most of you know that Oats and I have taken a 9 week Puppy Survival Course. The course consisted of basic doggy knowledge, ear cleaning, handling, hygiene, sit, come, stay, down, walking without tripping over each, etc. We completed the course a few weeks ago and would like to share in this momentous occasion with all those Oats' fans out there. Here we have Oats preparing to receive his award.
Here we have our puppy relay. You had to walk your dog down, have them sit and stay. The owner (or Master as I like to call myself) then walks back without the dog and then calls to the dog to come. And of course, the first team to have all the dogs perform this stunt successfully receives a scrumptious doggy bone. I still prefer slurpees but the bacon flavored bones aren't too bad.
Here we have the other dogs anxiously awaiting their turns.
And finally, the award.
Oats was very dainty in his receiving of such a fine award.

We would like to congratulate Oats on this fine job. He did quite well. We can only hope that these life lessons will now stay with him as he enters his time of adolescents. I hear it is a wonderful time to own a dog. Apparently their chewing and fear instincts start to show...how exciting! At least he has been fixed. Maybe that will control any hormonal temper tantrums, dating woes, etc. We'll keep our fingers crossed.
Oh, and this is Myia and my Aunt Holly. They were a few of our fearless companions through this wonderful time of progression. Thanks for helping us survive puppy hood!

4 comments:
Congrats Oats!!
Way to go Oats! Good job oh Great Master?!
Tiff, I would rather go to puppy school than any movie in the world. We took our dog Oakley there when she was a pup, and I don't know if it was just the class we were in but........Chad and I giggled the whole time. My best memories from puppy school are me and Chad laughing our heads off. Congrats OATs!!!
Way to go Oats! I'm going to take Brown Dog there and give her some training. She would love it. I just have to get Kelli and Chad to take her. Love your Blog
Post a Comment