Haun Home

Haun Home

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The other one thing.

So, beings that I took the time to tattle on myself about the vacuum, I figure fair is fair. Here is the ONE thing that may drive me a little crazy about my hubby. I wish, I wish that I had taken a BEFORE picture. Here is the issue...

We have a cord fest at our house. Now remember, it was not always this pretty. I took quite a bit of time wrapping up all of these wonderful, little cords. I think I counted approximately 65 of them. Is this normal? Do any of your hubby's purchase cords obsessively? I think it may be time for an "intervention." This will take all of us as Troy is not always with me. If anyone sees Troy circling any kind of electronics store, I need you to call me immediately. I would also like anyone who may need a cord for themselves to please check out the Haun Store prior to purchasing elsewhere. We have a wonderful return policy and will beat any advertised price!

This section of cords is "for your ears." I am pretty sure that, at a maximum, we only have 5 sets of ears in our entire house. I think I see 13 sets of ear phones. Troy's personal favorite is the pink set. Makes him run that much faster.

Through much diligence and prayer I have managed to contain all of these tangled cords into one medium size box.

I think that is much better (as long as I can remember where I put them next time he NEEDS a cord. If I can't find them, he will buy more!).

Maybe when I come home from work next week I will find my vacuum in a box. Fair enough.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Matt has a ton of cords too. I just haven't taken the time to wrap them up for him.

K.Booth said...

I love it!!! My mom is a cord Junkie.............Nick likes cords too, now that I think of it. I have a little obsession with thongs. I love to buy them, they are all I really wear in the summer.

K.Booth said...

Uh................make that flip flops. I was referring to the sandals that in the 80's were called thongs...........Chad reminded me that the politically "correct" term is flip flops. Personally I think thongs, sounds a little classier.

ross Walker said...

That is a money saving hobby! I have 1 drawer and a box full of them suckers. Phone, usb, fire wire, head phone, network, adapters, rca and so on. GO troy... never let go of the cords!!!

Tiffanie said...

Sounds like I am not going to get a lot of help on curbing this type of behavior. Seems Troy has a support group. That was not my goal with this entry. Are there no other cord haters in this world?

grandpa haun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grandpa haun said...

Those of you who discard cords don't know the thrill of finding a cord that fits.

Wight Family said...

Tiff, I am a cord-hater as well. My Mikey collects not only cords, but the boxes of EVERYTHING he's ever bought. Okay I've been able to throw a few away over the 10 year span of our marriage, but seriously... boxes? Cords? What is next?

kimM said...

I too am married to a cord hoarder. Andy has a bin full of misc cords--you know just in case. Maybe they have some sort of secret club. I would totally support an intervention. Through diligence and prayer all things are possible.

rett said...

Wow! T. you stirred up a hornets nest. I didn't know such a problem existed. I'm a tosser!! Keep it up T. I'm sure your intervention will work if you get enough wives tired the mess in the corner.

Lisa Kearl said...

Abe loves cords too! We have a pillow case in our basement that is full of every cord we have ever used.