Haun Home

Haun Home

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Concrete vs. Abstract

Maddie will often draw pictures on her white board and then have me take a picture of it before she erases it. Last week she spent quite a bit of time on the masterpiece pictured below. At first, Maddie was concerned that it didn't look like a "real" tree. I quickly disagreed and told her that I had definitely seen a tree with small red berries on it before (not sure if it was in this life but if nothing else we could call it a cherry tree, right?). She became instantly pleased with herself.



While all of this was happening, Gracie, was working on the other side of the white board. She too had been working on something for some time. When I took Maddie's picture she informed me that she would also be needing a picture of her drawing. I went around the other side and found this somewhat more "abstract" masterpiece.



I have always thought that turning chalk on its side and moving it up and down made quite a statement. Gracie, seems to agree. Look how proud!

1 comment:

K.Booth said...

Monnet and picasso having lunch together.....What talents you have!