Haun Home

Haun Home

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Shoe Drama

Aeva has a split personality. She is often called either Aeva Angel or Baeva Butt depending on her mood at any given time. Baeva has decided that she will only wear certain shoes. If you attempt to put on the "wrong" shoes you will be severely punished with crying, yelling and very large alligator tears. In fact, if she sees you coming at her with the wrong shoes she will be begin shouting "No! No!" and run in the opposite direction with an expression of fear on her face. Very dramatic! I will have to try and get it on video one of these times. Anyway, below I have placed a picture of the shoes that are good on any day of the week. We may indeed call these shoes her "favorite."

The problem with her "favorite" shoes is that in the next month or two they will be too small for her to wear. This is the moment that concerns me. I even took her to the shoe store and tried on the exact same shoes just one size larger...she still knew they were not the "ones" and begged for me to take them off.

These are the shoes that elicit the most fear from Baeva. They used to be Gracie's. They have the cute little lights on the bottom and I thought they would work quite nicely as a summer, play shoe. Denied. Aeva, I mean Baeva, starts into a seizure at the mere sight of them.

Optional shoes: These shoes can be worn only when approved. The black Sunday shoes are usually accepted as an appropriate alternative to her favorite shoes. The slippers are worn around the house, and the zipper shoes are way to big and make her fall on her face quite frequently. Still she will often prefer these over the above "devil" sandals. Above all, I simply find it quite amazing that a 22 month old could have such a profound preferrence of what the crap you put on her tiny, little feet. It makes me wonder what may lie ahead when hormones come into play. I will start my prayers now.

5 comments:

ross Walker said...

OK, (I might git hurt for saying this.... but...) She is a girl. Did you expect something different? Its the same with boys, but the favorite issue pops up with guns, cars and t-shirts.

Also, Baeva... i have a favorite also. I call mine 'snowboard boots'. Kelly calls hers 'the whole friggin shoe store'.

ross Walker said...

oops... i spelled GET as GIT. Sorry.

Kati said...

It seems she knows what she wants...with her drinks or shoes! Baeva just cracks me up, especially with her looks she gives...however there's nothing sweeter than an Aeva hug!!

Wight Family said...

Ross: Git is a perfectly profound spelling of the word Get to be used by hicks. We live in the sticks, so it is acceptable. And Kelly's shoes are adorable.

Tiff: I love that Baeva has attitude!! Don't tell her about the new pink shoes. Just get them, and scuff them up appropriately and come at her with them when the size is right. Hopefully, and I do pray this works, this will work. Otherwise, snowshoes are acceptable any time of the year. Just ask the Booth boys.

Rip Curl Mom said...

People! Everyone knows the right shoe is imperative to a happy life! Do I have to teach you EVERYTHING?!;)