So, last week I got the same cold that the rest of the world had. Wasn't too bad other than I lost my voice for about 3 days. Anyone who knows me will understand what a problem this was for me. I am not a quiet person by nature. My voice and I are very close. Anyway, last week I bathed Aeva in the morning assuming that I could then bath the older two that night. I should have known better. Of course, Aeva is going to want to bath AGAIN when the older girls get in. So, I gave in and stuck her in the tub with Maddie and Gracie. After much lathering and washing it was time to get out of the tub. I got everyone out and proceeded to dress Aeva for bed. Once she was done I moved on to Maddie's hair (this is a feat in and of itself). While combing Maddie's hair, Maddie proceeded to spray herself in the face with sunscreen (good thing she had her glasses on...saved us from some eye trauma). As I was de-sunscreening Maddie I looked in the mirror and saw that Ms. Aeva had re-entered the tub. No noise, no splash...nothing. There she was, fully clothed and sitting back in the tub. I tried to scream at Troy for backup BUT alas...no voice. GGRRRRR! Anyway, I had to march out to the kitchen (assuming Aeva wouldn't drown while I was gone) in order to give Troy my best facial expression of "get back here and help me, or else..." After all was said and done...Aeva had had 3 baths and was finally ready for bed. So was I.
P.S. Two days ago I was telling Troy a LENGTHY story about something that had happened. He interrupted me to ask (in a disappointed voice), "So, does this mean your voice is back?" I'm glad to know he missed my beautiful voice as much as I did.
5 comments:
She just likes to be clean...can you blame her??
Love the pictures! I remember I lost my voice in high school. Went a whold day without talking. Nobody noticed :-) didn't talk much anyway at the time.
Hope you guys are doing well!
Sorry you lost your voice! I'm glad you're feeling better. That cold that is going around is NASSS TEEE!! Cross my fingers, I surely don't want it.
I can't imagine why Aeva wouldn't like a soggy outfit and diaper. Just blows my mind. She looks so annoyed! how cute! Now you know where that button is Tiff. ;)
I love that Aeva slipped in the tub so quietly.........that girl is way smart!!! I might start calling you Ariel after the little mermaid -remember she lost her beautiful voice......and then found it just in time for Prince ERIC........ak.a Prince TROY!!
I love this! Mostly the part about your voice being back because that is something Ross would say to me!
Post a Comment