Haun Home

Haun Home

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ragnar Relay 2009

As many of you may or may not know, Tiff and I are planning on running the Ragnar Relay in June. This is a 180.5 Mile race that travels from Logan to Eden to Morgan to Coalville to Heber to Park City. The relay team consists of 12 members, each person running between 12 and 19 miles each (Troy's Leg is 12 miles.... Thanks Mike).

Troy is running with a team from High School organized by his friend Mike Ekstrom. Every member of the team graduated from Ogden High School in 1994.

Tiff is running this race with a group of girls from the valley.

Time to get training...

Here is a Youtube video of a team called Family, Friends and Fools from the 2007 Ragnar race.

They did a great job with their video.... Have a look....

7 comments:

Kati said...

Okay...so I know that I don't live in the "Valley" for Tiff's team and I am not a "boy" and I didn't graduate in "1994" (I do have the Ogden High thing going) for Troy's team...but if either of you need an alternate, you can count me in. That was an awesome clip!

The Huntsville Dunns said...

That was an awesome clip....very inspiring! You go gettem girl!!!

rett said...

That was a great clip.....I'm excited to be the babysitter, cheerleader and greatest fan!! GO GET'EM!

Lori said...

That looks like so much fun, I have heard of the race and have wanted to do it for some time. Good luck!

K.Booth said...

Hey that was a way cool video!!! Hoe did you find that one? I am exctied moab is going to be my rude wake up call so that I am in shape for ragnar.

Butch Tiger said...

Now that was a great video. I loved it. It made me want to get up and go outside and run 180 miles. So I put on my coat and shoes and headed out the door an noticed that it was a little on the cold side so I came back in a took a nap and feel much better now. Thanks for getting me going.

Ragnar all the way,
that's what I say,
hey, hey, hey.(sung to the melody of I can't get no Satisfaction")

ross Walker said...

That video totally skipped the pain and effort required to drive the van. :( We van drivers are so under rated.