Yesterday my nephew, Mr. Sensei Parker Wilson, earned his black belt in karate. I must say that it is probably due to my example and support that he was able to achieve this goal. I, his favorite aunt, am always willing to give him a hug, treat or big kiss on the forehead. Those are the kind of things that make a black belt possible. Never mind his years of training, dedication, and hard work. The treats, hugs and kisses are what make the difference. Parker is proud to be my nephew! Below are a few photos of my...I mean HIS triumphant moment (actually it took about 4 hours of torture to get to this point).

First of all, I learned that you must paint at least one toenail a random color (Parker chose green) before you can be considered eligible for black beltness. I think this is supposed to subconsciously make you laugh when you are getting kicked around by other, much larger black belts.

After the nail painting, grapeling, street fighting, forms, and cheers by the hundreds of onlookers, you then get to break 4 boards with a single hit of your hand. I must say that I was also key in his accomplishing this as I cheered and cried the loudest. I also gave him this key bit of advice, "just break it with your butt. It will hurt less and accomplish the same thing." Despite this advise, he used his hand.

This is Sensei Adam dressing the newest Sensei Parker. Now, I admit that I know very little about karate BUT I do not think that Sensei's dress each other on a regular basis. This was simply a "special occasion." Then again, this may become the norm. Parker, if you ever need help getting dressed for school and Adam is not around...give me a call.

Parker, taking his spot at the end of the black belt line. Height is not one of the requirements.

The black belt cheerleaders taught them this move. I was unable to get a picture of the synchronized twirls and kicks that followed.
When all is said and done, I am very proud of my black belt. In all honesty, these black belts (Darby's black belt - soon to be earned) are the only ones I will ever be able to claim as my own. I am too lazy and old to get one myself. I am one proud aunt, neighbor and friend. Love you, Sensei Parker.
Good Job!!!
3 comments:
That is terrific Aunt Tiff!! Congrats to you both!
By the way, his talk at church a couple weeks back was the BEST I've heard from a youth speaker in EVER. I need to send Parker a card... oh and one to his mom too.
I might not be fond of Hillary, but it does take a village and your village is doing a FINE job with that one! Good kid!
Tiff.......I thought it was weird when Troy was making parker wax his car. Wax on.........wAX OFF.........WAX ON......WAX OFF. I should have caught on earlier that it was training. The white jumper and dragon Tatoo That Troy was sporting should've tipped me off. Tell him I thought the chopstix in his hair were a nice touch.
Tiff,
Great Job!! Parker your favorite aunt is not the only one proud of you.... I can't say I'm your favoriate grandma but I am among them and I was so excited and proud. You are very handsome with your swollen nose and your bloody cloths. I must say I (we) have great kids and super grandkids.
Grandma Rett
Post a Comment