Haun Home

Haun Home

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

More of that white, fluffy stuff

So, after the latest snow storm (we got 24 inches in 24 hours) my children decided that they should head out into the wilderness and see if they could get any tubing done. I (being the noble and brave mother that I am) sent them out into the lone and dreary world while I...watched from the kitchen window. Like I said, noble, brave and WARM.

This was actually taken from the front step. Once again I could stay within the warmth of home and not have to put any shoes on! I think Gracie had gotten somewhat fatigued from walking around in the deep snow. She therefore decided to simply lie down and eat it. Who would have taught her such a thing (at least said person also taught her all of the general snow eating rules...you know, color and texture type things). Anyway, the girls started their little outing around 5:30 and two hours later they were still not ready to come inside. My response, "too bad, so sad." They came in and sat down to a lovely chocolate cake and pickles dinner. They hate just about everything that we ever have for dinner so I figured this would be just as easy to make as roast and potatoes. Lots less guilt in having to throw away pickles later on.

Now, this picture is taken from the kitchen window. They are tubing down the snowblower paths that Troy made. That is how Maddie gets to the school bus. The picture is slightly fuzzy because we wouldn't want to open the window and let any cold air in. Too risky!

Not sure why Aeva is blurry...she was standing right next to me! Chalk it up to my phenomenal photo taking abilities. Maybe I should read that little book that came with my camera so that I would know what that flashing red light means. Maybe it is about to explode...I'll risk it. Don't want to read too much, might strain my eyes. Anyway, hope everyone else enjoyed all that white, fluffy stuff that landed in my yard. Is it spring yet?

8 comments:

K.Booth said...

Love it!!! After I sent my kids outside I said,"try not to lose your little brother out there." Can you believe how much snow we got. I totally have spring fever too.

Wight Family said...

I had a similar experience Monday with my little one as well. Oh and the dog. They both loved being out in that stuff and just jumping through it! 24+ is a lot of inches.
Now I'm craving homemade oreo cookies. dang. Why?!!

The Huntsville Dunns said...

Tiff you are so funny....I am with you, I bundled up my kids, pat them on the head, sent them out to their death and I stayed nice and toasty inside. Btw that is my kind of dinner :)

Unknown said...

You should be out there pulling those kids around behind the 4-wheeler. They would have a blast. I'll watch from the window!!

Chrystie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chrystie said...

lol...wow, that is a brutal amount of snow, especially when I know I am ready for spring to come, like, yesterday. We got a little too, but of course nowhere near what you guys up at the North Pole got.

Butch Tiger said...

Tiff, what great pics! I love the idea of cake and pickles for dinner. I'll bet the kids couldn't wait to dig in. Do you use any special brand of pickles or will the kind I can get at the damaged goods store work? You know the ones that come in the 50 gallon barrel. Thanks for the great pics, story and idea.

Troy said...

Happy Birday David....

I love the profile picture....