Last Sunday I was getting ready for church when I heard Maddie and Gracie having the following conversation as they lie on their death beds. Gracie coughs and Maddie says "Gracie, you're not sick." Gracie replies, "yes, I am. Mom even gave ME medicine." Maddie - "Well, your not as sick as ME." Gracie - "Yes I AM." She then coughs as loud as she possibly can to prove that she is VERY sick. See below pictures to determine which of the 3 look more pathetic.

This is Gracie's first attempt at appearing "ill."

This picture was taken only seconds later and is much more convincing.

Now we have Maddie. She is very talented at looking ill. Nevertheless, if the truth were known, she was about one day ahead of Gracie with her slew of symptoms (sore throat, cough, runny nose, and fever).

Here is sweet Aeva. Sunday morning she felt like her usual, happy self. She awoke with her fever this morning.
Now, 48 hours have passed sinced our initial sickness began. Maddie is on the uphill return to normalness. Gracie is now the one in the pit of despair (with Aeva right on her tail) and tomorrow I have to go to work. This means that Troy will be on nurse duty. With a small amount of fear, I have gone ahead and created the following medication regimen/chart that he must follow in order to avoid overdosing any of the small people.

Alex, How about Gracie for 1200... (Jeopardy humor)

As you can see, I am not able to use terms such as motrin/ibuprofen, tylenol/acetaminophen, or Brompheniramine Maleate/Dextromethorphan/Phenylephrine HCl. Instead I have been instructed to use "O for orange yummy liquid, W for purple good tasting vs CC for purple bad tasting, and Ib for round/pink pills vs. A for ovlong white pills." Troy assures me that he is ready to go. May God bless and protect them all (I have a ten hour shift for heavens sake)!
5 comments:
Tiff don't worry your kids are in good hands....they will be playing webkinz in no time!! And Troy will be right there at their side :)
Tiff, I love how humor can come with the pain of being ill, for all involved.
Good Luck tomorrow Troy!
I am impressed with your schedule. I bet all will be fine with the girls as long as you set a time limit on the webkins for the caregiver. Distractions can be tricky.
You mean we are not supposed to overdose them when they are sick??? How did that one slip by me after all these years. I hate when kids are sick.........so not fun, but I do always get a kick out of the over coughed cough and the puppy dog eyes. How they are up and at em soon.
Poor kids! Hope they are all back playing RockBand soon! I also hope that you and Troy can escape contamination!
Post a Comment