Most of you know that Troy and I ran in the Las Vegas Ragnar a few months ago. My mom and Aunt Holly agreed to take the kids and spend the weekend in Mesquite while we ran our tails off. I spent a day or two with them before heading to Vegas.
One of our first stops was the local Wal-mart. Grandma, for some reason, didn't have enough food for 10 additional people. We figured we would help her out. Ever take 5 little kids grocery shopping? They like all sorts of "nutritious" food items.
My children also have it in their head that every time we leave Ogden they need a souvenir to remember where they went...what? I tried to tell them that souvenirs were not needed on this particular trip but there were too many grandmas present and I was outnumbered. Thus, new sunglasses for everyone!
I do have to admit that they were one of the trip highlights. Where else would you need sunglasses 24/7? Mesquite was the perfect place to break them in.
The water was A LOT colder than we had hoped for. Notice that no adults are participating? I had to save my energy for the run. I was the only one with a valid excuse.
No comments:
Post a Comment