A few weeks ago, Maddie's 1st grade teacher sent home a paper saying that they were starting Fairy Tale Fridays in her class. The teacher asked for people to sign up for a Friday when they could come into the class, share one of their child's favorite stories and then coordinate an activity that went along w/ the story. I thought I would get it done and not have to worry about it. We were assigned April 3rd as our lucky day. After much thought we decided to share the story "Big Pumpkin." We then decided we would act out the story in a play for our activity.
We gathered costumes for a witch, pumpkin, ghost, mummy, vampire and a bat. Then I set to work making some pumpkin shaped sugar cookies to hand out to the class. Anyway, to shorten the story a bit... I woke up the morning of and my small brain started calculating... There are only 8 weeks left in school...that means only 8 fairy tale Fridays...there are 21 kids in Maddie's class...WHAT THE CRAP!? This activity is totally OPTIONAL?! I signed up for something OPTIONAL!?? I felt betrayed. Then I remembered how much fun I had had planning this w/ Maddie. I remembered the cute smile on her face and how excited she was that morning when she left for school. I remembered that you can't take home made treats to class. Again, WHAT THE CRAP!? I had just made 6 dozen home made sugar cookies (in the shape of pumpkins) that I couldn't give away!? Ok, back to feeling betrayed. I had to call the school and beg for special permission to break the rules. Ms. Whittle must have heard the insanity in my voice and said I could bring the cookies "this time."
Anyway, here are a few photos that one of the first graders took for us. He was our designated camera man. Not too shabby considering my camera only works half the time.
We gathered costumes for a witch, pumpkin, ghost, mummy, vampire and a bat. Then I set to work making some pumpkin shaped sugar cookies to hand out to the class. Anyway, to shorten the story a bit... I woke up the morning of and my small brain started calculating... There are only 8 weeks left in school...that means only 8 fairy tale Fridays...there are 21 kids in Maddie's class...WHAT THE CRAP!? This activity is totally OPTIONAL?! I signed up for something OPTIONAL!?? I felt betrayed. Then I remembered how much fun I had had planning this w/ Maddie. I remembered the cute smile on her face and how excited she was that morning when she left for school. I remembered that you can't take home made treats to class. Again, WHAT THE CRAP!? I had just made 6 dozen home made sugar cookies (in the shape of pumpkins) that I couldn't give away!? Ok, back to feeling betrayed. I had to call the school and beg for special permission to break the rules. Ms. Whittle must have heard the insanity in my voice and said I could bring the cookies "this time."
Anyway, here are a few photos that one of the first graders took for us. He was our designated camera man. Not too shabby considering my camera only works half the time.
2 comments:
I still want some of those pumpkin sugar cookies:) I'm glad it all went well. You are a good mom. Oh--I got your message on my birthday and yes we are having a little boy. Due in 5 days:) Heee heee. I can't believe how fast word travels and it wasn't even April fools day:)
Oh Tiff you are funny! I was starting to stress about this Fairy Tale Friday thing.....I am so glad to learn that it is optional! (I never figured that one out!) Bailey said she had so much fun with your fairy tale skit....I agree with Jamie, you are a very good mom!!!
Post a Comment