Haun Home

Haun Home

Monday, March 9, 2009

Is this a crust?

My girls have never been good "crust" eaters. You know, leave the PBJ crust on the table because that is the "nasty, brown" part. I have never really pushed the issue. I remember not liking the crust when I was little either. I have also learned to pick my battles and this is certainly not going to be one of them. Well, the other day I made them quesabadillas (Gracie's way of saying quesadillas) for lunch. I added an apple in order to feel like I had done a good job as a mother. I came back a few minutes later and discovered this...

I was totally not aware that tortillas had "crusts." I don't see that it is brown in color nor does it seem to be any harder than the rest of the tortilla. Nevertheless, all of the rounded edges were left scattered about on the paper towel. How do kids decide on this kind of stuff? Who tells them that the outer edge of some bread products is called a crust and should be avoided at all cost?

5 comments:

Rip Curl Mom said...

That is hilarious! I have never seen this phenomenon at my house. I will keep my eyes open.....

Wight Family said...

Ditto Kelly! I'll be sure to keep crusts being on quesabadillas a secret from my kid (and the subsequent ones that I am watching for 8 more days) as cutting off the edges of EVERY cotton pickin thing would drive me bananas! Good luck Tiff.

K.Booth said...

I am not an expert on quesobadilla crust, but I am wondering if the crust begins where the cheese ends. I will tell you what I am really taking a liking to the name "quesobadillas" that is catchy!!

Butch Tiger said...

Tiff, that is a great and extreemly funny. I'm thinking of taking that photo and sending it to Readers Digest. I'll give you a percentage if they pay me. I want to call those things that I can't spell, Kay-so-dil------s. that's even more catchy.

The Huntsville Dunns said...

That picture of "crust" looks identical to what's left over at my house.....papertowell and all! I'm glad to know that my kids aren't the only crustless eaters! I agree with you.......you choose your battles, this is not one of them :)