Haun Home

Haun Home

Monday, June 18, 2012

Swim Lessons, Ice Cream and one big Duck.

Every summer I make my children take swim lessons. It is one of the things that they do "because mom makes them." I think being a good swimmer is important. Thus, annual swim lessons for all Haun children is a requirement (plus it gives me 30 minutes/day to sit in the sun, read a book and pretend that I am in Hawaii).


Day 1 of class.


If we "accidentally" get to our lessons a little early, then we are forced to stop and eat ice cream.  I typically end up with a scrumptious shake full of some kind of yummy candy bar and the kids get "kiddie" cones.  I hope the kids never figure out that they will actually sale shakes to children.  I currently have them deceived into thinking that this is an impossibility.  Being an adult has its advantages.


The duck pond is also a good place to pass some time and work off our treat.


I love happy kids.  They make me smile.


My nephew, Garrett, is practicing various hand signals.  I think he is telling me to hang loose.  I wonder if he knows that some of his hand signals might have actual meanings.



Maddie doesn't make me want to go down the slide when she looks like this.  Makes me think that the whole experience might actually be painful.


All tuckered out.  



Some may call this back float "stiff."  No wonder she sinks.



I love to make Maddie smile when she is supposed to be focusing on her Elementary Back Stroke...chicken, airplane, soldier...chicken, airplane, soldier.



Apparently I pay people to teach my children to blow bubbles.  Is this really a required skill?


On the last day of lessons, a large duck came and walked around the pool.  Aeva was very impressed with this added touch of fun.  She just might be interested in doing it again next year.

No comments: