Another Ragnar has come and gone. Several of our "regulars" couldn't make it this year. Said "regulars" are usually in charge of, Harvey...the bunny. He has come with us for 3 years now. He is a standard and apparently required part of the Ragnar experience.
I had to dutifully tie Harvey to the top of the car.
This is what Harvey looked like by the time we got to the bottom of my driveway. Good thing I don't have to tie anything of value to cars for a living. I'd be very poor.
The starting line at 6:00 AM. Girls must not like Ragnar. Maybe girls just don't like me...
Runner #1 getting ready to go. Jose, Jose, Jose!!!
Troy completing his preparatory "warm up."
Off they go. Jose is in there somewhere.
A few miles in.
A little mandatory car decorating. We actually had a design major running with us this year. Stick people were not the only decoration on our car.
Troy is read for his first run (it was supposed to be my run). I felt it was my duty to give him the longest leg of my entire Ragnar event. That is what a good wife does. I am a good wife.
Troy and Ali, waiting for their runners.
Brent's larger than average bald spot provided a wonderful spot for me to practice my tattoo work.
Thank you, Brent.
Danny appears to be running on a tilt. Makes him look speedy. Now I know how to look fast...it is all up to the camera man/woman.
Our traditional lunch of chips, salsa and horchata. Yum! Nothing like a little salsa heartburn for run #2.
Brent seemed to be enjoying our first major exchange. We couldn't get him back in the van after this.
Brent's elbow...either he is fast or my camera is slow.
Brent always wears "fancy pants." We tease him incessantly. Wish he had worn them to run in.
Brent is much like me...we don't follow any rules posted by Ragnar. Troy, however, is a "rule follower." Every time anyone would try to cross the street without a flag, Troy would follow them with flag in hand.
Dual hand hygiene.
We had to start leaving before we could get Brent to get in the car. Too many girls running around to keep him focused.
Jose, ready for leg #2.
Van #1 after their first run. Not as perky as they were a few hours before.
Well, Kelly appears to have remained perky. Not sure what he is taking. We should look into it for next year!
Jose, taking a short snooze. Music must not have been loud enough.
This is Jos-B. We had two Jose's in our van so we called one Jose (Jos-A) and the other Jos-B. Jos-B is my MA at work. I still refer to him as Jos-B. Hope he likes it.
I took this picture to show the hill that Brent had to climb on his third run. Not fun. That is why I am the captain of the team...to make sure I never have to run anything like this.
The view overlooking Jordanelle Reservoir. It was a gorgeous day.
Still smiling.
Designated water girl. I am in my Levi shorts. Pretty obvious that I am done running.
Troy is off in his "red outfit." If anyone in our van ever got lost, they just looked for him. Our personal red beacon.
Jos-B on his final run.
Our final exchange with Van 2. Van 1 is much happier than Van 2 at this point.
The carnage at the finish line.
Look what else we found at the finish. Their nude leotards had been reduced to mere leotard shorts.
Here we come!
Only 7 of the original 12 made it to the finish line. The champions!
Our sticker as proof that we participated.
Our medal to prove we finished.
My kids waiting at the hotel. Best part of everything!
Until next year, or Vegas, whichever comes first.
No comments:
Post a Comment