Haun Home

Haun Home

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

We spend every other year in St. George for Thanksgiving. If anyone knows anything about us Hauns...we LOVE going to St. George. Troy's grandma lived there for several years and it became a tradition to go down and visit her. Somewhere in the middle of all of those trips we became addicted to the time with family and the unbelievable sunshine. Anyway, this was the year for our St. George Thanksgiving.


This is one of our favorite parks, Cottonwood Cove.  Amazing toys that you will never see at any other park.  The kids (and adults) spend hour after hour playing on all of the toys.









This year we even made it down to the tennis courts a few times.  Maddie and Gracie are getting to the age where they are getting pretty good.  Maybe we will sign them up for lessons so that they can come back and teach Troy and I how to play!



We also took a day and headed to the Valley of Fire State Park.  The girls love hiking around in the sun.  This year we were searching for lizards to catch and keep for a day or two.







Indian writings are all over the place.  Cool to see.






Kind of a funny angle but this is the Mouse Trap hike.  This is the only water that you can find year round in the desert.  I guess they used to use it to water the horses in the middle of the hot summer.  




Cracks and holes all over the place.  Girls were popping out all over.


We love our daddy.  Nothing better than a random hug from the kids.


We ran into some friends at the park.  A nice game of volleyball the end of November.  Awesome!


We ended our day with a Seafood Buffet in Mesquite.  I don't think I have ever eaten that many crab legs in one sitting.  Awesome!


The girls preferred the never ending ice cream buffet.


Why do my favorite pictures have to be blurry?


We stopped to see Grandma Hazel on the way home...she lives in Mesquite.  Another favorite spot to stop and play!


The St. George Craft Show is another tradition.  We go and find all sorts of funny items that we find ourselves buying.

I can't believe that I don't have even one picture of the actual Thanksgiving feast.  I guess that is only a small part of what I am thankful for.  The time with my family is priceless and something that can never be bought or traded.  I am one lucky girl.

No comments: