Haun Home

Haun Home

Friday, July 1, 2011

CME in SLC

One of the awesome things about my job...I get money to go to conferences. If I am lucky, my family gets to go with me! My latest conference was in SLC. That is cool because it means that lots of special people get to come and spend time with us while we have fun...

Another great thing is that the Spaghetti Factory also happens to be in SLC. My kids have always wanted to eat in the trolley...as you wish. Apparently week nights ar the best time for eating inside the trolley. We had it all to ourselves for most of the meal.

We also got to walk around temple square. Is there any doubt in your mind why people from all over the world come here? How can you even make up something as amazing as this??? See those cute girls standing in front? They are mine and they don't get any better.

Aeva's newest "thing" is having you take her picture but she won't look at the camera. Perhaps it is a more spontaneous look she is working on. I think it is funny. Then again, maybe she is simply having a conversation with an accent light???

These are the two amazing people that are always willing to join us on an adventure. How can you beat having Grandpa and Grandma as your chaperones??? They are willing to jump in the pool 24/7...a requirement for any hotel trip.


The reflection fountains...

Throwing in coins and hoping to make wishes come true.

Maddie is taking pictures for next years Reflections Contest at school. This is her picture of the temple shadow...we may have a budding photographer on our hands.

Hotel entertainment provided by...my camera.

Bedtime stories.

And, the finale...lunch at the Mayan.

There are a few new "features" in the Mayan show. Too bad my flash isn't strong enough to highlight my favorite parts of the show. Even this dark photo may give you an idea of why you should eat lunch there.

This is also a new feature that I hadn't seen before. Sparkly girl hanging from a hoola hoop? I think this was the first time I had seen Troy pay attention to this watery show. He is a new fan.

If I could only post the 100 pictures we have with this little snake. Each girl has to have a turn sitting in the mouth, on the head, over the tail, etc, etc.

I love seeing huge flags flying in the wind. Makes me proud and grateful to live in such an amazing place. Our freedom certainly isn't free...

Our little rock star.

Thanks everyone for a great trip! We'll do it again soon.

1 comment:

Diane said...

You know, I am deprived. I have never actually been to the Mayan! I'm glad you have...