Haun Home

Haun Home

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pink Heals

We went to a Breast Cancer Fundraiser in Riverdale the other day. Some of the money raised goes to the Community Health Center where I work and allows us to provide mammogram screenings, etc. for a reduced cost. I decided that my family should participate in a worthwhile cause. So, off we went. Everything they had (food, games, gifts) was free and they simply had donation boxes out for people to use if the wanted. Made it fun for the kids and easy to drop in money for a good cause.

Here are the pink firetrucks that travel all over promoting breast cancer awareness.

They had face painting.




You could sign your name on one of the trucks.

I love this picture. Helium balloons and cotton candy make for utter chaos.

Here is our second attempt. Better.

Clowns.

Classes on fire safety and what to do in case of a fire. They actually had a trailer with all the different areas of a house. This "bedroom" actually started smoking. Pretty cool stuff.

Jumping out the windows to safety (guess I had better get some window ladders. Hard to jump from the second story).



Pink umbrellas and purses for all.

A nice little afternoon and hopefully a learning experience for the little ones. Cancer is a horrible illness...what better cure to fight for?

No comments: