Haun Home

Haun Home

Monday, July 25, 2011

10 for 10

I just completed a very nerve racking trip to Smiths. See these angels?

See those carts? Cute, right? I realized that I have never been as nervous as I was wandering the Smiths with 3 little carts behind me. Those carts are the main reason why we went there. The girls LOVE to push them around and load groceries as we go.

Have you ever had one of these carts run up the back of your leg when you stop to assess a possible purchase? That is all I could think of as I walked (with a calm appearing face) down each aisle. Du-du, du-du, du-du...the 12 little wheels going over each crack in the floor behind me. If you get to far ahead of them...the du-du, du-du, du-du gets faster and faster as they run to catch up to you! You find yourself automatically lifting one of your legs backward when you stop as a natural defense. I wonder what that must look like to the other innocent shoppers. Is there a reason why they begin down our aisle and then turn and go the other way?

To top everything off...I am attempting to by 10 items for $10. Simple math one would think. The problem...am I getting 10 items off of the true 10 items list? Is one of these items going to all of a sudden not qualify and throw off my very accurate and precise calculation? What if I only end up with 9 qualifying items? Should I get 11 items to make sure I get my 0.50 cents back on the other 10? or was it 9? I felt a great sense of satisfaction when I checked out my 3 tiny carts, with my 3 different tiny scanner people...(all of them trying to locate that tiny bar code on each of their items) and saw that I had indeed qualified for my discount! .50 cents off showed up 10 times! A true accomplishment.

Long live those tiny carts and those wonderful, confusing sales. My life is now complete!

No comments: