Haun Home

Haun Home

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Con Artists

So, a few weeks ago Troy and I got online and reserved tickets for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. Although we did want to walk through the temple, we had some "alternate" plans as well. You see, if we could con Troy's family into joining us then we could also reserve a hotel, swim, eat lots of yummy food and get lots of fun time as an additional bonus. Can't pass that up, right? Well, his family fell for our little trick and we had a blast. Here are a few highlights.

Gracie standing outside the hotel. She can already smell the swimming pool!

This is my favorite picture. I hope you can see why...

Aeva, discovered that she could create a small waterfall off of her swim diaper. She had loads of fun playing in it. Grandma Carole was the first one to catch on to her little game so I had to snap a shot. If anyone took a similar shot of me I would not be pleased. Good thing she is cute from ALL angles.

The lounger.

The blow up fishy that aunt Autumn bought was also a very popular item.

My two swimmers. The hair-dos were my attempt at keeping their hair dry for the temple open house. No such luck.

The girls also like to "ask" grandpa and grandma to take them to the Mayan any time they are south of Bountiful. SLC is simply where "the Mayan lives." They have yet to be disappointed. Grandpa and Grandma are always up for anything.

Eating their food was obviously secondary to watching the divers. Our table is nowhere near them. Maddie at least took her food with her. Made for a good hour long activity. They hated it, can you tell?

On our way out they had to hang out in the snakes mouth. I thought it was a lion. Tells you how observant I am. That is in Vegas, right?

Needless to say, we had a blast! The Hauns will now be "onto us" after reading our blog. We will have to be more tricky from now on because we have many more plans to "con the Hauns" into taking trips with us. Thanks for coming!

5 comments:

Rip Curl Mom said...

I hate it when I get caught bending over in front of the camera! But Aeva has a cuter bum than me for sure. What a fun time!

Wight Family said...

That looks like a fun trip! Any excuse to get wet and wild!

Kati said...

Thanks for coning them...I love benefiting from it!! It was a blast!! Avea was a crack up...made me giggle every time.

K.Booth said...

I have a similiar waterfall that comes out my swim diaper......although Aeva's is cuter!! Love the pictures, I love that you use a temple open house as an excuse to par-tay!!!

Kati said...

PS I love the floating Grandma Carole head in the pic of Aeva...classic.