So, it is generally a BAD thing when you have 4 feet of snow in your yard and then the temperature hits 58 degrees in February! We knew our pumps had been going off regularly for several days. We were watching it carefully and crossing our fingers that the water wouldn't continue to rise. Then...the temperature skyrocketed and the snow melted VERY quickly.
The girls came home from school and sent me these pictures of the back patio!
We had a pool!
The girls were pretty excited about having a pool until I told them to go downstairs and they saw that water was running under the doors in the kitchen. Grab towels!
Grandpa Ken to the rescue! I came home with several pumps and we set them up as quickly as we could. Despite having 4 pumps running, we couldn't get the water levels to go down.
Thank heaven for awesome friends and neighbors. The Hills had a "trash pump" that they use to irrigate with in the Summer. They let us borrow it and FINALLY the water levels started to go down.
Aeva was sad to see the water go but I was relieved that I wouldn't be throwing away a basement full of carpet and furniture.
I am so thankful for family, friends and neighbors that are willing to show up at the drop of a hat, dig in and help. What would we do without all of them? SO THANKFUL!
Hopefully the rest of Spring will warm up nice and slow!
No comments:
Post a Comment