I love it when Troy has his "end of year" meetings. I like it because it sometimes means that I, as his wife, get to go somewhere cool! This year, it was Monterey CA. Sunny, gorgeous and so much fun!
On our way to the Bed and Breakfast, we were told to stop and have some pizza at "Pizza My Heart." OK...we won't argue too much about a food recommendation.
Troy LOVES to put new sauces on anything and everything. I personally like my tongue and don't like to burn it off with spices. To each their own.
You can get a shirt and a slice of pizza for $6. You also get to have your choice of 1 bazillion drink choices in this cool drink machine. Soda overload.
I am obviously not the reason that this picture was taken. I think it may actually be coincidental that my head is even there. Troy must have liked the shark.
Our awesome Bed and Breakfast - Seven Gables Inn. AMAZING place.
That's me. Hanging out in the very top room of the Seven Gables. They called it "the Gable Room." Sure enough, we were way up there.
The views from our window. Couldn't do anything but look outside the whole time.
Views as we walked along the ocean side trail. Might need to buy me an ocean.
The company took a drive on "17 mile drive" from Monterey to Carmel. 17 miles of the most beautiful country you can imagine.
We passed the lone cyprus tree. This is the symbol for Pebble Beach. A place where we just happened to be going for lunch!
Never had an egg on my hamburger before. This must be what rich people eat - decided I better try it for myself. Doesn't really matter if my pants fit tomorrow, right?
The view as we ate our lunch.
Then we took a walk down the beach to hole 16 where we met up with all the golfers.
Imagine this ocean side...yep, it exists. Guess I should have learned to golf.
Dinner...best ribs ever at Roys.
Ocean seals sunbathing.
Sunrise on day two from our room.
All of the "non working" people decided to pass a little time by renting bikes and taking a little ride. No better way to spend your morning.
We could have rented one of these babies but we decided we would rather actually go somewhere.
The Monterey Aquarium is the best I have seen. Well worth a trip if you are ever close by.
Shopping on Cannery Row.
Bike ride #2 the next day with everyone. We biked the 17 mile drive to carmel.
The seals out on the rock through our binoculars. Weird I know but I had to try...I never knew I could take a picture through binoculars. If you haven't done it, give it a try.
I happened to mention to the other shoppers that I needed a new purse. Before I knew it, they had me here. I had never even heard of Coach. Then I realized why...you have to really, really like a purse to buy one here.
Unless you have a 75% off coupon...that makes it easier!
Good thing I don't shop with this bunch on a regular basis. We'd be broke and homeless. HOWEVER, for a single afternoon...I had a blast. Money well spent...LOVING my new purse.
While the girls shopped, the boys went ocean kayaking. Troy said there were sea otters and seals swimming around his kayak. Very cool.
Troy is lucky to work with such an awesome group of people. Hard to believe how their company has grown. Strong work, PowerQuip!
Troy and I are lucky enough to have fantastic parents that are always willing to watch our girls. We come home to some amazing girls that have always been loved and well cared for in our absence. Thanks everyone, for a great trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment