We started off our Thanksgiving week with a lesson by Gracie. She asked each one of us to share something we were thankful for. We wrote each of those things on a feather and glued them to our family turkey. It was so nice to hear all of the things that we are thankful for and to remember how important even the simplest of blessings are.
Aeva got to perform her Thanksgiving program at the school. After school let out for the week, we headed to St. George for some sun, food and fun!
When we got to the townhouse, the girls broke it in with a good game of hide and seek. Maddie didn't fit in a lot of the tiny spaces.
Aeva still fit fairly well.
The pool had a really cool waterfall that the kids loved to play under.
For our first adventure we went on a hike in Red Cliff Rec Area in Leeks, UT. It was the best hike of the entire trip! We wished we had time to go back and do it again.
Lots of running water and pools to jump over, in and around.
Always nice to enjoy some beautiful sunshine when you know that it will be cold and snowy very soon.
This rope ledge ended up being one of the funnest parts of the whole hike.
I thought this old dead tree looked like an elephant head. Anyone else see it?
We ended up with a king size bed in the master bedroom. We took advantage of it.
We also heard about another hike in St. George. They call it...
the crack.
If you are skinny, you can get through.
Troy and I didn't fit...I guess we know what that means.
Looking down the crack from on top (where the fat people hang out).
I thought about dropping into the crack from above to see if I could then fit. Trying to get my self esteem back.
We enrolled the family in a group of tennis classes. I think we could be pretty good if we had sun all year round to practice.
We had to take a trip into Zions.
This random deer would hang out by the walking path. It wasn't the least bit concerned about being surrounded by 100's of people.
One of my favorite pics. My girls are beyond lucky to have so many wonderful grandparents that love to be with them.
Couldn't let the weekend pass without a movie...we went to Frozen. Danny got his "upgraded" mug for the occasion. Looks like Thor is about to de-wedge a boogie from his nose.
Maddie also got to play in the Dixie Invitational soccer tournament after Thanksgiving Day.
They played awesome, had a blast AND...
Took 1st place!
On a little more of a negative note, we ended up doing a little bit of Black Friday shopping.
The one hour guarantee pulled me in. I had no idea I'd be spending one hour in the "animal necessity" aisle. I found these fantastic dog briefs and diaper liners for those poor unfortunate animals with urinary incontinence. Who knew?
Another reason I have no dogs.
Poor Kati and Danny got pulled into Black Friday too. I am deeply indebted to them. Hopefully a night out for sushi will make them our friends once again.
I found some other treasures on my shopping spree. I think this is my new motto. Me or the house. Take your pick!
My Gma Hazel lives in Mesquite. Maddie and I took a trip down to see her (everyone else was home with a belly ache). We happened to go and visit her on all you can eat...
Crab leg night! How did we know? We just happen to LOVE crab legs.
Love this girl.
Love this girl too.
One of several plates of crab legs that we consumed in one minute flat.
This is what unlimited crab legs do to a person.
We topped off our trip...and our dinner with some ice cream.
An awesome Thanksgiving week that made me realize more than ever how blessed I am. A fantastic family, health, strength, jobs...the list goes ON and ON and ON. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I hope we always remember our blessings a lot more than one day a year.
1 comment:
Looks awesome! Now we are deep in the snow, I can't imagine how it must be at your house. Remember those sunshiney days...
Post a Comment