My Ragnar Team decided to do double duty this year. After the Wasatch Back, we headed to Vegas for another round of "running."
We drove down on a gorgeous Fall day.
We stopped at a fantastic little red barn along the way and I found one of my favorite things! A delicious caramel apple with white chocolate and cinnamon sugar!!!
Rifleman found some Apple Beer...
We decided this is what he would look like to a passing cop. Drunk and happy.
We also managed to find a pound of yummy Jalapeno Cheese curds. Ever eat a pound of jalapeno cheese before a nice long run? You should try it!
The famous rocking chair in Beaver, Utah.
Harvey, the large, pink bunny managed to follow us on all of our running trips. Go ahead, call it weird. I agree with you.
Getting closer!
Check in at Ragnar headquarters.
Prep for leg 1 of the run.
Harvey being attached to the top of my car by some crazy person named, Tyler. Some people actually trust Tyler with their medical care... They don't know about his best friend, the bunny.
Runner #1 - The Rifleman.
Couldn't ask for a more beautiful starting line. LOVED it.
Our team name is Clinically Insane Too. The surgical cap allowed me to not do my hair for 3 days straight. A highlight for me.
I love watching all of the running outfits that people come up with. Next year I will find all of our male runners a cute little sun dress to run in.
This guy thought he looked simply incredible in his tight, green gear. I found myself taking all sorts of pictures...how could I resists such beauty?
We found our van #2 with their bunny.
We "rag-tagged" other teams with small white cotton balls (to represent a bunny tail of course).
This man got one stuck on the back of his jacket. It looked awesome!
We also managed to rag tag one of our own team mates.
AND the Ragnar hard drive in the store.
We jumped a stranded team whose battery had died.
This is what you look like at hour 29 of Ragnar. Somewhere between schizophrenic and bipolar.
Ali looks contagious but she was simply freezing cold. The night runs weren't exactly balmy.
We forgot to pack our water...
Jose, fell down after his run and acted like he was seizing. Sure enough...
One of the volunteers ran over and gave him some water. Genius!
Then we happened to pass a 7-11. Slurpees are sooooo good!
We shared some left over Halloween candy with random people along the way.
How's this for an awesome picture? Maybe I should have been a running photographer.
After our last run, it was time for a dip in the pool.
LOVE this picture. Leo and Rhonda Arteaga are two of my favorite people. Who else would pose so cooperatively for a shower photo?
Harvey didn't get to swim. He had to watch the car.
Now for more Harvey weirdness. Check these guys out. Harvey almost fell to his death at the finish line.
It's like they have given birth to their first child.
They both take his picture constantly.
Then they take pictures with themselves and Harvey.
The finish line!
With a few bonus features. I made sure and told them both that I was happily married before I hugged them. Didn't want them getting too attached to me.
We made it!!!
Oure medals! We got one for the Las Vegas Ragnar and a second one called the "Saints and Sinners" medal for doing the Wasatch Back and Las Vegas Ragnars the same year.
Our final breakfast before heading home.
How's this for an awesome picture? Love Ragnar and LOVE my team!
Thanks, everyone, for a FANTASTIC weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment