My Medical Assistant at work had a birthday party for her son and invited a bunch of us to join them. They went to the Classic Fun Center in Layton. My girls had a great time while I ran around trying to decontaminate them every time they came out of one of the air toys, pirate climbs, or laser tag matches. They couldn't have cared less that they would be coming down with some sort of illness within the next 48 hours. I guess that is why being a kid is such a cool thing...no worries, no ulcers, no insomnia...lots of germs. That is what good immune systems are made of.
Anyway, here are a few pictures I got, or tried to get...the girls were movin pretty fast around that place. Excuse the photography and focus on all the cute faces! Aeva seems to be the star...she was the only one I could catch up with most of the time.

She was a little short to look over the bumper pads. That blur on the right is Gracie.

Round and round.

I do not recommend Gracie's strategy of getting down. However, Maddie jumping on the side of the thing didn't give her much of a choice. They thought it was hilarious. Believe it or not...they did this same thing several times.

I could not believe how tall some of the blow up toys were. Here we have Aeva at 40 feet in the air while Maddie tries to help her. What do you do if your child gets stuck? Do they expect my dainty little self to start climbing? Not sure if this air thingy has a weight capacity. I guess I should have checked that out before I let my 2 year old start climbing. Thank goodness for nice big sisters.

This is another fun little trap. Once you go in, there is no return until you come out the other side. I was lucky enough to catch Aeva before she entered this one. I would have never seen her again. The older two, however, didn't mind being trapped for a few minutes.

And of course you have to ride the horse that only works some of the time. Half the fun is figuring out how many tokens you will have to put in before it decides to work. Aeva was willing to put in as many tokens as it took. That smile was well worth it.

You will have to disregard the blur in this picture. I had to post it because it has somewhat of a retro look. Don't ya think? I mean who in the world has neon, glow-in-the-dark, hoola hoop carpet? I also enjoyed the random children that would come up half way through the air hockey game, with the paddles from the other table, and help you win (or lose) your game.

And finally, the scariest part of the entire trip. The departure. This is where you try to prevent your kids from getting run over by moving cars while they try to ride their bikes between all of the parked cars. "Oops! Sorry about that 8 foot scratch down the side of your car." I guess that is the down side to living at the end of a culdesac...my children have no idea how to act or what to do if a car heads for them. We'll have to work on that one.
2 comments:
WHOA NELLIE!! That place looks like TONS of fun! Where have we been??? I think we should make like a neighborhood thing and go! Awesome!! And you should have climbed up there to get Aeva... it is ALL good! :) You would have loved it!
I have always dreamed of a party for adults at a place like that. I think it would be soooo funny to see a bunch of adults having a relay race through the obstacle course, etc. That's what I want to do when I turn forty!
Loved the commentary as always and the pictures!!
Post a Comment