We were driving home from Sunday dinner a few weeks ago and saw this...(if you look closely you will see two of them).
I immediately began to sing,
"Why are there so many
songs about rainbows.
And what's on the other side.
Rainbows are visions
but only illusions.
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told
and some choose to believe it.
I know their wrong
wait and see.
Someday I'll find it.
The rainbow connection.
The lovers,
The Dreamers,
and me!"
As soon as I finished my beautiful solo I began to wonder...how do I know that song? Why do I know every word of that song? Who taught it to me? I have narrowed it down to 3 people.
1 - Kermit the Frog (I vaguely remember him sitting on a log with his legs crossed).
2 - John Denver (I believe he also sang with Kermit the Frog on several occasions).
3 - Lavar Burton (from the show Reading Rainbow. You know, the black guy that read you books on TV).
Anyone else know that song? Where did it come from? Why can I sing it all the way through and yet I don't know all the words to "God bless America?" I sing that song and I often end up with the mountains running into the oceans instead of the prairies, and I just recently learned that the oceans are white with foam and not home. Which would make absolutely no sense and yet that is how I have sang it for years. At least it rhymes.
I am known for mixing up titles, stories, names, etc.
For example:
The black tap dancer named Sammy Sosa (everyone else knows him as Sammy Davis Junior)....
Anyone ever heard of Handicap Jim? (I thought that was the name for Tiny Tim - think Christmas time).
Dear me. How do I make it through life?
"Why are there so many
songs about rainbows.
And what's on the other side.
Rainbows are visions
but only illusions.
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told
and some choose to believe it.
I know their wrong
wait and see.
Someday I'll find it.
The rainbow connection.
The lovers,
The Dreamers,
and me!"
As soon as I finished my beautiful solo I began to wonder...how do I know that song? Why do I know every word of that song? Who taught it to me? I have narrowed it down to 3 people.
1 - Kermit the Frog (I vaguely remember him sitting on a log with his legs crossed).
2 - John Denver (I believe he also sang with Kermit the Frog on several occasions).
3 - Lavar Burton (from the show Reading Rainbow. You know, the black guy that read you books on TV).
Anyone else know that song? Where did it come from? Why can I sing it all the way through and yet I don't know all the words to "God bless America?" I sing that song and I often end up with the mountains running into the oceans instead of the prairies, and I just recently learned that the oceans are white with foam and not home. Which would make absolutely no sense and yet that is how I have sang it for years. At least it rhymes.
I am known for mixing up titles, stories, names, etc.
For example:
The black tap dancer named Sammy Sosa (everyone else knows him as Sammy Davis Junior)....
Anyone ever heard of Handicap Jim? (I thought that was the name for Tiny Tim - think Christmas time).
Dear me. How do I make it through life?
4 comments:
hilarious!!! Jamie my sister used to think that when people where saying prayers they would say, "please bless that no harm or sex will come upon us."
Instead of please bless that no "harm or accident will come upon us." That one makes me laugh everytime I remember it, cause she was like 18-19 yrs. old when someone told her that they were saying the word "accident."
I sing this all the time to!
You learned it from Kermit. Here is your video: http://tinyurl.com/nb4hhn
Keekee (aka Kelli)craps me up, oh wait cracks me up. Hee hee. I wish that I could remember those prayers. Oh--the innocence of youth:)
Thank you Ross for reviving that memory for me. I will now have to learn more than the first verse! I hadn't remembered that the song was 13 minutes long! Kelli and Jamie I always like to hear those sacred, family secrets. Please continue.
Post a Comment