Ever have a party and get a gift that you put in your pantry for several months because you aren't sure you want your child to remember they have it? Well, Troy was home the other day when we had a little play date. The kids were walking around aimlessly when Troy said, "why don't you guys play with this?" He comes out of the pantry holding the "candy necklace kit with over 300 pieces!" All of a sudden there was a new sense of purpose in their little eyes.
Well, at least Maddie and MiKelle look to have a purpose. MiKenna just looks like she would like me to stop taking her picture.

Gracie is always up for a pose.
How can a loving adult say no to those little faces? So, after a half hour of chitter-chatter, decorative patterns, and knot tying we had several necklaces, bracelets and watches all ready to be worn, licked and eaten. Oh the memories! How I loved my candy necklaces as a child! I would eat at it all day long as it continued to make my neck more and more sticky with its sugar coated candies. Eventually my skin would actually begin to shimmer from all of the sugar that collected layer upon layer. It is those memories that gave me the power to say "yes." Yes, little children... you CAN open that box with 300 tiny pieces of candy. Go, live, enjoy!
How can a loving adult say no to those little faces? So, after a half hour of chitter-chatter, decorative patterns, and knot tying we had several necklaces, bracelets and watches all ready to be worn, licked and eaten. Oh the memories! How I loved my candy necklaces as a child! I would eat at it all day long as it continued to make my neck more and more sticky with its sugar coated candies. Eventually my skin would actually begin to shimmer from all of the sugar that collected layer upon layer. It is those memories that gave me the power to say "yes." Yes, little children... you CAN open that box with 300 tiny pieces of candy. Go, live, enjoy!
2 comments:
I love reading your blog. Maybe because those kids are so cute.
:-)
They should open up a shop...I bet they would make tons of money! I would be their best costumer!
Post a Comment