Haun Home

Haun Home

Monday, September 28, 2009

Gotta love those rocks

Hello to any fellow rock climbers! Yes, it is true. Only 5 or so years after buying all of our rock climbing equipment we actually got it out of the bag. I was only slightly embarrassed when I had to remove numerous tags before I could slide my rope out of its shiny black bag. Shoes...not a smudge of dirt on them. All was in tip top shape. You see, Troy and I took a rock climbing class about 5 years ago and loved it! I bought him all the stuff for an anniversary or birthday (some sort of celebratory occasion). After the class ended, we never went again. After a few months we were too scared that we would kill ourselves. We couldn't remember if the knot had to go left or right through the gripper thinger. Also couldn't remember which clicker went through which loop. All a bit too complicated for us. Thus, the 5 years of storing our various items. But ALAS, some friends took pity on us and invited us to join them. They thought we would actually be an asset to their little outing. They had no idea how totally useless we truly were. Nevertheless, we managed to get a few shots of us looking stellar. Can you use the word "stellar" when talking about rock climbing? Again, an obvious beginner at the sport. Still like it though.

Here we have the girls checking out the various angles and hand holds on the rocks.

...or maybe just seeing if the rocks will hold them up.

Aeva thinks she may be strong enough to lift the rock up on her back.

Here we have Ms. Gracie climbing the wall. I am still now sure how she does it without using her hands (thanks, Zac).

This is actually a pretty impressive shot. Gracie is hanging from a small cliff and doesn't look the least bit concerned. On the right we have Aimee. She got the highest of anyone. My idol.

Lunch, which consisted of whatever the kids could find in the backpack. They look pretty happy with craisins and gummy bears.

This shot is a bit blurry due to the high speed in which Maddie climbs.

Maddie looks to have the potential of a professional climber. Following in her mother's foot steps.

Here I am acting as "Ms. Boule." I am glad I don't have to wear a harness on a daily basis. Too "sinchy" if you know what I mean.

And finally, me! Thank you, Troy for making me look official. In this picture I am 800 feet above the hard, hard ground below. Good thing we had a camera with a very powerful zoom in lens or we wouldn't have been able to get this lovely shot.

Sorry, no pictures of Troy. He took the day off from climbing. Maybe next time.

3 comments:

ross Walker said...

Top of 9th street? I know that 800 foot climb... I am impressed Tiff!

Kati said...

You and your family ROCKS!! (Climbs them that is!!)

Rip Curl Mom said...

SO FREAKING COOL! You guys are totally pro. I am going to take the credit since you climbed on our wall that one time ;) BTW, Troy, "The Shelley" apron is great for napping! Maybe you can get Tiff one for Christmas!