Haun Home

Haun Home

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Bee and the Bear (Not to be confused with the Birds and the Bees).

This summer we got to go to our annual Bee's game. This is a picture of us riding the train (the girls true #1 reason for wanting to attend a Bee's game). Basically you stand in line for 45 minutes (Literally. I timed it). Then you hop on this tiny train with a bunch of other people and go for a 3 minute train ride around the outfield. The girls must love it. We keep doing it. Funny, I don't have any pictures of Troy on the train, hmmmm. Oh yeah, he was sitting in the shade and actually watching the game. Now I remember. He is eternally indebted to me. Then again, I get to see all the happy faces. I guess I am indebted to him. Thank you, Troy, for the opportunity to ride on the Bee Train. It is a past time I will always remember.
Now for the #2 reason to attend a Bee's game. Mascot stalking. Another favorite of my oldest girls. Aeva is still not impressed with having fuzzy Bees and Bears get anywhere close to her. Usually we only have one mascot to stalk. On this lucky night there were two! Oh the excitement! Yes, that is the Jazz Bear. I wonder if he recognized us from the Jazz games. We stalk him there too.

Aeva and I on the train.
And yet again, the train. I am getting pretty good at taking picures of us all by myself. That skill will come in handy.


We finally caught up to the Bee. "Hello, Mr. Bee. Thank you for stopping in the middle of a crowded section of people. That made it possible for us to climb over 100 unhappy people to get to you." It was a pleasure and an honor. We will do it again.

Go Bees!

2 comments:

Chrystie said...

Looks like fun! There is nothing like a baseball game...so summery. I am sad they are over!

Kati said...

Not to mention the crazy teen who is in charge of driving the train...