Haun Home

Haun Home

Saturday, August 29, 2009

My New Goal

Several months ago I set a goal with my sister. We were going to do the Ogden Valley Triathlon! She loaned me this book to read. Do you think it has a hidden message within the title?

We spent hours and hours biking, swimming and running/strength training. But, alas, I received a devastating e-mail that said the triathlon has been cancelled for this year. My slow, fat, triathlon butt is very disappointed. I had come so far. I no longer had to do the back float in the beginning, middle and end of my swim. My hair was beginning to flap in the wind as I got faster and faster on my husband's old bike. I had even decided that running wasn't so bad if I only had to do it twice a week. Whatever shall I do? Oreo, anyone?

5 comments:

ross Walker said...

Dang... sorry that your tri got cancelled. :(

I will bring the milk if you have the double stuffs!

njfroerer said...

Mmmm.. this is disappointing. You must find another tri to do. That's what the Oreo eight ball is saying. Putting the race aside for a moment think of the lifestyle change. Sweet!!

K.Booth said...

Find another tri. I think there is definately one waiting for you somewhere......Why did they cancell it this year??

The Huntsville Dunns said...

You know, this is a sign! You should do the Ogden half with me! Btw, I'm with Ross, I will bring the milk if you have DOUBLE stuffs!!!!

bigfootusa said...

Dang I feel bad as I was going to run it also. Now I'll have to wait another year to start working out.