Haun Home

Haun Home

Monday, July 20, 2009

Perky Pickers

Our Grandma Carole and Grandpa Gordon have some wonderful raspberry bushes growing in their garden. We went over for Sunday dinner and got to pick a few for our little tummies to enjoy. Here we have Mr G Troy Haun. He was the least of our "perky pickers." Where's the smile? I think he was sick of his wife walking around with a camera instead of a bucket. Someone has to capture this beautiful memory, right?
This is our smallest "perky picker." She has the idea...smile! What a good little picker! Notice her basket is emtpy due to her frequent "sampling" of the product. Must mean they are tasty (not sure why she won't eat them when I put them on her plate. She must be a two year old)! The socks are my attempt at mosquito control. I realize this may start a new fashion statement as I am often looked after for my fashion sense and style (this most often includes a pony tail, no make-up and soccer shorts. So few people can pull this off and look as lovely as I). I will take the risk.

My dear Gracie has decided to pull off the stems instead of the berries. She is so cute that we could care less. However, I will be eating out of Troy's bucket and not hers.
And finally, sweet Madelyn. She looks slightly overworked but is still able to give us a small thumbs up. Child labor laws do not apply to our family. You've got to "earn yur keep" around these parts.
Thanks for the berries! I think I ate most of them single-handedly. Scrumptious!

2 comments:

K.Booth said...

Yummmmm!! Raspberries are my #1 most favorite thing to eat in the whole world!! My basket is always empty like Aeva's, Speaking of Aeva, I think my grandma has those same white socks!

Kati said...

Avea is just trying to be like her soon to be Uncle (if I have any say in it) Kyle Korver with her socks up like that! Ha Ha!