I have put Maddie and Gracie in swimming lessons since they were 2-3 years old. After watching them each year I have decided to call it "learning to not drown" rather than "learning to swim." I mean that is the real goal, right? No one really cares if their child has a perfect backstroke, front crawl or dead mans float (is there a perfect way to float as though you were dead?). It is honestly just making sure your kid can get to the side of the pool, make it back to the boat or survive a flash flood. Simple as that. Anyway, I got a few shots of my kids. There is some definite progress!
If she had a little more fat on her body, the foam float would not be necessary.
Yes! Underwater swimming without any sign of panic. Good job little swimmer girl!
This is supposed to be a picture of Maddie and Garrett. Not such a good one. They were on the other side of the pool. Best I could do from the "parent section."
Just to clarify, this picture is me trying to guess when Maddie will pop out of the slide and coordinate it with the delay on my digital camera. What do you think? Yup, totally missed it. She is still somewhere in that little yellow tube.
As for sweet Ms. Aeva. She, too, is doing well.

1 comment:
Years ago Jaden asked me why they had to take swimming lessons. I told him, "The only way you are going to drown is if I decide to hold your head underwater." Thus my kids learned to become very fast, good swimmers so I can't catch them to hold their head under. I love the pic of Aeva with her bag of cheetos.
Post a Comment