The girls decided that it was unacceptable that we hadn't taken our camp trailer our all Summer and school was about to start. So, impromptu camping trip! Bear Lake was close, had a lake, might have a camping spot...sure, let's go there!
I bought us some tickets to the Juanito Bandito show and we were ready to go... almost ready to go. Where's the key to the camper???
After a good 30 min of trying to find the key, we gave up and settled on this.
Yep, good old fashioned Duct Tape. It works for everything, right? We had no more time to waste on searching for keys.
We made it to the show and got our traditional post show pic!
For years earlier...in the same spot.
After the show, it was time to scope out access points to the lake. Water is high this year so precious beach space is limited!
North Shore! Cam and Grandma came up to spend the day paddling about.
We even got Grandma on the board!
Cammie with the demonstration.
Then the water and sand challenges began.
After a day in the sun, we needed a La Beau's raspberry shake!
Back to camp! Our freezing cold stream - good for cleaning dirty feet!
Apparently there is only one rock high enough to keep your feet somewhat out of the freezing water. Not quite big enough for two but they had to try.
Cards
Cow Pies? They make good fuel for the fire!
Smore's!
The next morning we had to head back to reality. Always such a bummer. We loaded up and started back. For some reason, the duct tape wasn't holding quite as well. Not sure why. We were on I-15 in Willard when...our trailer door flew OFF the trailer and tumbled down I-15 BEHIND us. No bueno.
Troy and I looked at each other for several seconds debating all of our options. In the end, we sent Troy running back down I-15 to retrieve the door. We then had the girls hold the door in the back while we drove home "doorless" all the way to Eden.
I'm sure we were the topic of conversation for several cars as we drove. The good news is...we got home safe, nothing fell out of the trailer, we ordered a new set of keys (and found the old one - our cousins had borrowed the Thule and the trailer key was on the same key chain as the Thule key...who knew?), Troy was able to reattach the door and we had a blast!
Love my family and the happiness they bring to me each day. These 3 girls and Troy bless my life and I have no idea what I did to deserve them. Thank heaven for little girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment