Aeva's (and my) first trip to Girl Scout Camp. Introducing Troop 197!
My load of Brownies.
Our view from the lodge.
Check in.
Apparently a "lice check" is included as a part of this life changing experience.
Cabin time.
A small lesson on dutch oven cooking.
The problem came with the ingredients that was provided. Ice cream cones, marshmallows, chocolate chips, brown sugar and brownie mix. Not one drop of liquid anywhere to be found. If you look closely, you will see an entire apple that someone placed right in the middle of the dutch oven.
The girls didn't seem to care. They ate the whole chocolaty mess.
Then we headed to the freezing cold lake to paddle about. Aeva's only goal was to keep her stitches dry.
If you weren't the coveted "9 years old" you weren't able to leave this little square of water unless you had an adult attached to your side.
Aeva was SOOO proud that she was 9. Complete and total freedom with no adult within any sort of comfortable distance.
Our fearless leader, Karen. This woman truly has more patience than Job.
I would have gagged and tied them all up within the first 2 hours.
These are the water shoes that they had to wear. The flyer specifically told them that they didn't need to pack water shoes because they would "be provided". Do you see those shoes? About 8 sizes too big and not exactly what I'd call a match. The girls were good sports about it.
Dessert? Chocolate pudding, chopped up Oreos and gummy worms. Completely disgusting and yet, exactly what they wanted to eat. I could lose some serious weight if I hung out at this place for a week or two.
I discovered this monster beehive as I was leaving the lodge. Hope no one is allergic to bees!
My last pic before I left for the night. The girls stayed over and came home a few days later. They did awesome and Karen survived.
I think Aeva is a Girl Scout for life.
No comments:
Post a Comment