Haun Home

Haun Home

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Stitches for Aeva

Had some fun on Sunday afternoon. I sent Aeva down to vacuum her room and the next think I knew, her knee looked like this. That's what I get for having her vacuum on Sunday (terrible mother).


Apparently a small piece of glass was on her carpet from when a glass pig broke in her room at Christmas time.  Well, 8 month later, she found the piece of glass with her knee.  It sliced her pretty good.

We wrapped her up and headed to the Insta Care.  I called their office and I got to be on the call ahead list...felt like Texas Roadhouse call ahead seating.  I was quite impressed with that little option.

On the way over the pass Aeva was crying and telling Troy and I how much it hurt.  Like a good mom, I distracted her by telling her that "pain is good".  In fact, if you didn't feel pain, you wouldn't have known that you needed to get your knee fixed.  

I then proceeded to tell her about how my diabetic patients can't even feel their feet sometimes.  In fact, they can step on a nail, not even feel it and end up leaving it there for several days.  At some point during that whole story, I lost the "comforting, yet logical" point that I was trying to make.  Troy was looking at me like I was insane and Aeva's response was something like, "Mom!  Why did you tell me that?"  Oops...know your audience.


Let the games begin.


The final product.



Had to fix her up a little more with some lunch and a frosty from Wendy's.  After all, she cut her knee at lunch time and no one got to eat.  Besides, Frosty's fix EVERYTHING.  Aeva was a little worried about buying a Frosty on Sunday but we told her this was a special frosty to make her feel better.  Didn't take much to convince her.


The doctor recommended removing the stitches at 7 days instead of 10 to minimize the scarring.  On day 7 we made the switch.


3 1/2 weeks later.  Not sure we did much to "minimize the scarring" but we get an "E" for effort.


No comments: