We get to go down to Mesquite for the President's Cup TWICE this year. Gracie's team goes in January and Maddie's team goes in February. Well, round one is over and the sunshine was awesome!
After the first game, we were forced to do this.
If you leave stinky soccer cleats in the enclosed car when it is warm outside...you will regret it. This was my solution.
Between games we headed to the park for a little one on one.
Aeva and I played in the park. These little "yell through the pipe toys"...they don't work.
Grandma Rett thought it was winter. She borrowed Aeva's beanie to keep warm.
Gracie's team went to the arcade for a night. Aeva "versed" Troy in some air hockey.
Hundreds of tickets were won and exchanged for penny candy and toys.
My uncle runs a restaurant in Mesquite. We went over for lunch and ended up in the back cooking our own pizzas and sandwiches. The girls LOVED it.
Troy and I opted for the Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches.
I think anyone that puts this on their license plate is anything but "norm".
We found some tree huggers at the hotel.
3 of the soccer families went to dinner one night. At dinner I asked the other parents if they thought a stranger could pick out which husband and wife went together along with what kids belonged to them. They thought it would be easy. I wasn't so sure. We decided to test it out. We went to the Gelato store and asked the lady behind the counter if she wanted to play a game. She agreed to play and this is how she divided us up.
Right off the bat she thought that Maddie and Gracie looked like Jim. She also thought that Jim and I were the most "smiley" so we must be together. The result, family #1.
For family #2, she got the husband and wife combo right. She even matched Oakley (the girl on the left) right with the right mom and dad. Not sure how she put Rylie in the mix. She belongs to Jim - my husband.
For the final family, I think the lady was exhausted and simply decided that everyone under 5'6" should just be lumped together. Troy got matched with Jen (Jim's real wife) and they got every other child that was left over. They are one busy couple with 5 girls under the age of 11!
Such a cute little family.
Anyway, I think I have a new favorite game to play. So much fun!
The kids had a hard time saying goodbye when the night was over. They decided to take a final picture in the apple.
The next morning Aeva was incoherent and pretty much invisible.
This is what your shoes should look like if you played your heart out.
Proud of you, Gracie! Go Avalanche!
No comments:
Post a Comment