Anyone out there know that Jalapeno's can burn you? Not me...not even a clue.
My loving cousin gave me his recipe for Jalapeno Poppers and off I went. I bought some shiny little green jalapenos, cut em, washed em and stuffed em. About 3 hours later, my left thumb was on fire! I thought I had developed diabetic neuropathy in 3 hours and I am NOT a diabetic. Very concerning...and painful! Took me a few minutes to figure out what I had done to my poor finger. Could it have been the jalapenos? Sure enough. Then I had to hop on the internet to see how to fix it. This seemed to work the best. A nice bowl of cold milk. The internet said that the milk has enzymes that break down the acid in the jalapenos that causes the skin to burn.
Sounded good to me. Time for a swim, Mr. Thumb.
Too bad I couldn't sleep with my finger in the bowl. It felt good until I had to take it out. I think I will stop cooking from here on out. Sorry family...I'm obviously allergic.
No comments:
Post a Comment