Haun Home

Haun Home

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Kennedy Space Center - Day 7

We didn't fly back home on our final day until 5:00 PM. That meant we had time to go and visit the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.



This is where I start to show my stupidity.  Tons of cool things and I can't tell you much about any of them.  I guess I'll post pictures for those of you that may know what some of this is.


This flag is the largest painted American flag in the US.



Control center.


I think these are thrusters...sounds good anyway.  They were enormous.  Hard to get perspective in a picture.


This is the inside of the van that they use to take the astronauts out to the shuttle.  If I was about to risk my life by going to space, I would prefer my last ride be in something a bit more stylish.  Ferrari anyone?


Some sort of rocket thingy.


Space suits throughout the years.


Larger rocket thingy outside.


The Rocket Garden outside the center.  Huge rockets!



I had to take this picture.  I guess the local gas station is the "Wawa".  Troy was getting instructions from a guy that kept telling him to go to the Wawa.  Troy had no idea what he was talking about.  Who thought of such a name?  Completely weird.

No comments: