We decided to spend our Spring Break in Mesquite with a small mini trip into Vegas. My Grandma Hazel lives in Mesquite so we had another excuse to head that way. In fact, Grandma, was in need of a ride home that weekend. We were happy to oblige.
This picture would make you think that grandma was either exhausted or we were really boring. I am choosing to believe that she was exhausted. When have I ever been boring?
We stopped at the outlets in St. George for a little shopping. The girls pooped out after a few hours and they ended up being in charge of holding the mirror up.
Walking from grandmas condo to the park down the road. I am lucky to have some really cute girls.
Do they ever outgrow playgrounds? I hope not.
We even packed some bubbles for a little bonus fun.
We stayed two nights at the MGM Grand in Vegas. The girls were blown away by all of the cool buildings. Troy and I tried to guide their little eyes to the things we WANTED them to see and away from anything "extra."
This may be the closest they ever get to the Statue of Liberty.
A quick visit to France was also in order.
Troy and I LOVE the Belagio fountains at night. We couldn't wait to show them to the girls.
The chocolate fountain inside the Belagio. I love Gracie's face. Wish you could see it better but she is licking her lips. My little sugar lover can hardly stand to have that glass between her and all of that chocolate.
Waiting for the tram outside the Luxor.
Spent almost an entire day swimming at the MGM. My girls live to swim.
Or at least sit on beach towels.
For dinner we had heard that Grimaldi's was the best pizza in Vegas. We decided to give it a try.
They make the pizza right out in front of the tables.
The girls each got a piece of pizza dough to play with while they were waiting for their pizza to cook.
Maddie made a sun and flower.
Gracie made a sun too...(maybe a sign that they have been missing the sun?).
I would call these hot dogs but I think Aeva called them worms.
The Atrium at the Belagio. Girls were blown away by all of the huge flowers and bees that they had there.
We ended up going to see the fountains both nights that we were there. We had to wait 15 minutes between each of the shows. You can see how they spent their extra time...
I can only feel good about this because they had taken pictures of the previous fountain show with their "electronic" devices and had decided to take this extra time to "edit" their photos. Hilarious that all 4 of them have there toys out.
In between the fountain shows, Aeva, would run around between the 4 of us. I think 15 minutes is a long time for a 4 year old. Finally the second show started and I said, "Aeva, it's starting!" She said, "Oh! Sorry mom. I missed it because I was looking at the naked lady." What? I hadn't seen any naked people running around the fountains. She then showed me a billboard across the street that had a "feathered" Vegas dancer on it. That was her version of a naked lady. Funny little kid. I guess you never know what they are taking in. I thought we were doing such a good job of keeping her little eyes focused on NON naked things.
Our last day we visited the M&M store.
They had a terrible 10 minute 3D movie. The girls didn't seem to care that the movie was horrible. They had their glasses and a seat to sit in.
Then we headed next door to Coke World. The polar bear was more than happy to pose with them.
Troy then spotted an "around the world" option on the menu. For $7 you could try coke from 16 different countries. We decided to give it a try.
Tray 1.
Tray 2.
The jury.
Aeva was not impressed with several of them. I was proud of her for trying them. I agreed with her on some of them...nasty! I like AMERICAN Coke! It was by far the best.
We had to hit an In n Out before we left Vegas. It was way crowded but we managed to feed our tummy's and head out.
We decided to take the long way back to Mesquite and show the girls Hoover Dam. I think that is something everyone should see at one time or another.
Our final stop was Lake Mead. Troy's grandma would always bring us here to feed the fish. It is another "something" everyone should do.
One loaf of bread made for a good hour of entertainment. First they fed the seagulls and ducks. The birds would fly right up close to the girls and wait for the bread to come their way.
We then walked down the dock toward the fish market. Troy started throwing bread into the water and this is what happened. Tons of ugly carp magically appeared.
Walking back to the car, the sun was setting. I love getting random pictures of my family. It was the perfect end to an amazing day.
Here is a little video I caught of the girls feeding the carp. When you ask them what their favorite part of the trip was, they will tell you without hesitation, "the fish!"
No comments:
Post a Comment