This past weekend we went to our first ever St. George Marathon starring Troy and Kati Haun.
We started off with a little pre-race drive of the course. Here they are at the starting line the day before.

Now for RACE DAY! This is at mile 16. They looked awesome! They didn't hang around long to talk to us but we did manage to grab a photo.

Here they are departing. Giving a few high-fives to the crowd. After all, we work very hard to DRIVE around the course and cheer them on. We deserve every high-five we can get.

The night before I took a little time and made a few inspirational posters to hang up along the course. You know, things to make them feel inspired (and a few things to make me feel good about being lazy). Here they are for the rest of us non-runners to enjoy.






Too bad I didn't think of any of these quotes myself. At least I took the time to find them. Not much else you can do from 26.2 miles away.
After mile 16 we headed for the finish line. We got in perfect position for some wonderful finishing shots. Finally, we saw them come around the corner. I threw the camera to my mom and I headed down to the front for some close ups on our video camera. Here is our first attempt at a picture. You know the one that shows the 2 triumphant runners with tears streaming down their faces...

Oops. I think that is a picture of the bleachers. No Troy or Kati in that one (hilarious).
Try number 2 resulted with this...

See the girl in the pink and the boy in the gray shirt? Yup, that is them. I didn't get much better on the video camera. Apparently they decided to "speed up" a bit at the end and it threw off our whole camera plan. Crappy digital cameras with those 15 second delays. Next time I will jump over the fence and demand that they stop and smile. This will have to do for this year.
Here we have Ms. Kati post race. Lookin good.

And Troy, popsicle at the ready.

Tricia, Kati's friend, also ran in the race. I am a proud wife, sister-in-law and friend. This is something I never dream of doing. I am glad I was there to share it with them. I commit to being a dedicated clapper for as many of them as they want to do. Go Team!

Here we have the devoted fans. My mom who is always willing to come along and her sister Holly. Thanks for coming! The more babysitters, I mean cheerleaders, the better.

And four more fans. 3 little ones and 1 slightly larger. Way to go, daddy! You worked hard for their popsicles. Totally worth it.

To top it off, a few pictures from the ride home. A little blurry but I was trying to drive simultaneously. Pretty good considering I didn't look back.

By the way, Arby's 5 for 5 does not exist in Fillmore. Very disappointing.

All in all, a very nice trip. I hope they sign up next year so that I can enjoy a weekend full of sun, smiles, amazing people, and my family. Nothing better than that. Run, Troy, Run!
10 comments:
I freaking LOVE the signs!
Atta boy Troy! Atta girl Kati! And Tiff, I think you deserve just as much credit for driving down there and making those signs, without which I am sure they would not have been able to finish the race. Those are awesome quotes, and all sooooo true.
Congrats Troy and Katie what an accomplishment!! I have to say those signs deserve an award or some sort of ribbon....they are truly genius. Love the picutre and TIFF your commentary is brilliant.!!
I am so glad you took pictures of those signs...they sure made the 26.2 miles a little more bareable...and making us laugh along the way!! You guys were the BEST cheerleaders among everyone there!! Thanks for everything!!
Love the quotes.. I think I saw a few of them and started laughing - it's all a little blurry still. Troy! you did awesome! I'll be your wingman anytime...
Okay--I am so proud to know you guys. Troy and Kati you guys rocked! (and your friend too). Tiff...loved your posters. Those were awesome. Save them for the next race:) Jamie
love, love, love the signs. Congrats to Troy and Kati!
Wow, Troy is amazing! I can't even imagine running a marathon. I loved the signs, hilarious.
Great post! My favorite poster is the one that says, Life is short, running makes it seem longer!!!!! That made me laugh, because its so true. Congratulations Troy, you are so awesome! I don't think I could ever do that!
Whoa, nice work, you guys. Completely impressive. I love the signs, Tiff...especially the really direct one calling them all crazy. Next time, you should make one that just says 'you are all morons'...though, I guess that's not as inspirational as the other ones. We miss our Hauns. That is all.
Post a Comment