Haun Home

Haun Home

Monday, September 1, 2008

We are here....

Thank you to all of the good examples that have guilted the Hauns into posting our own blog. It is really a neat thing to do. A blog can serve as a family journal and is a good way to communicate with loved ones who live far away. All it took was a rainy day and a couple of cuss words while trying to figure blog-posting procedures out and away we go....

Left to Right: Maddie, Aeva and
Gracie Rett camping out on the deck

Let me introduce my children....

Maddie is six years old. She is a first grader and has just finished her first week of school. Maddie is a Valley Elementary Bulldog. She enjoys school lunch (a new experience, since Kindergartners only go for half the day and don't get to participate). Maddie has told us that she has to eat lunch quickly so the third graders don't pick on them. Maddie and her schoolmate Autumn get "the most food of all the Kindergartners" so they are the last ones left when the third graders show up.... Maddie already has received "Student of the Day" honors. Maddie explained that this means that she is line leader.....She was very pleased with herself and I am proud to report that all of her lines functioned properly....


Maddie and Gracie Rett at the 2007 Valley Elementary School Carnival.
Maddie is next in line to ride the horses.... She can't hide her smile.

Gracie Rett is four years old and will be attending Leap Frog Preschool. Gracie simply refers to it as "Frog School". Gracie is very excited for school to start as she has been without her sidekick Maddie the last week and is "bored" without her. Tuesday afternoon when Gracie saw Maddie get off the school bus she told Tiff that "her heart is laughing" and she is happy to see Maddie come home. It is good to know that Maddie and Gracie are good friends.

Aeva mocking the people below.

Aeva Ann is our 1 year old. She was born July 12, 2007. She is a lot of fun. She is a crawler, had two teeth poking out of her top gum (finally), and likes to say "uh-oh" and "look".... Aeva's favorite thing to do however is to climb up into our loft and look down at the people and point and mock. Aeva is noisy and likes to be loud during church meetings. I figure that she is really smart and one day she will have the vocabulary to tell us some very important information.

4 comments:

Kati said...

Yea!! I love reading blogs...now I can keep up with your family! Ha ha! I am excited to read more...

Troy said...

Good to have you aboard Kati!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite. I love the pictures and watch the grandkids grow up. Keep up the good work. I think this blog will be better then miceage.

Karen S said...

Yay! I can't tell you how excited I am to finally have direct access into the Haun household. We will anxiously be awaiting more posts. :)